Posted: April 11, 2016
Packaging Operators ensure brewery cleanliness and package beer in accordance with our operating procedures. They assist with quality control and help to maintain our equipment by completing preventative maintenance procedures as scheduled.
The right candidate for this position will be affable, timely, mechanically inclined and assertive. Experience working in a production environment is required for this position.
• Package beer in accordance with packaging procedures
• Ensure brewery cleanliness by completing all assigned cleaning and CIP tasks
• Help maintain equipment by completing preventive maintenance tasks as scheduled
• Complete shift paperwork as outlined in our operating procedures
• Communicate with appropriate department heads to minimize downtime
• Complete preventive maintenance tasks as outlined on our PM schedule
• Log all packaging as outlined in our operating procedures
Bottling & Canning
• Work as a line operator to package beer for orders
• Ensure quality by inspecting all products as they are processed
• Work with the shift lead to complete setups, change-overs and clean-ups in a timely manner
• Clean and organize dirty kegs
• Organize defective kegs
• Complete kegging runs for orders
• Represent and promote Mission Brewery in a positive manner to guests, local residents and the general public.
• Attend meetings and training courses as directed.
• Follow all operational procedures as outlined in our SOP’s.
• Assist with deliveries if and when necessary.
• Help maintain a high level of cleanliness by cleaning workspaces, neatening trash and recycling and cleaning up after guests.
• Maintain a positive attitude when dealing with challenging issues.
• Other duties, as needed.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills.
• Mechanical experience and problem resolution skills.
• Great attention to detail
Education and Training
• Associates degree or equivalent work experience.
• Minimum six months of brewery experience preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools and controls; to reach with hands and arms; to stand, walk sit stoop or crouch; to talk and to hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 100 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and peripheral vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually very high. The work areas are often wet and require personal protection to be worn in them. Strong chemicals are used, personal protection is required when handling them. Production staff often stand in one place for most of their shift and do repetitive motions.
To apply for this position please submit a résumé and cover letter as file attachments to email@example.com. Please make the subject line of your email “Packaging Operator”. In your cover letter please describe, in detail, why your experience and education would make you a good fit for the position. Applicants who do not strictly follow the stated criteria, will not be considered for the position.