ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Produces quality wort according to Mission Brewery specifications including, but not limited to, target gravity, IBU, color, and volume
* Keeps brewhouse vessels clean inside and out
* Maintains a safe, clean, and organized workspace
* Communicates all pertinent batch related information at shift changeover
* Cleans and sanitizes tanks, hoses, and fittings
* Sets up hoses and fittings for the day’s brew
* Collects yeast for pitching
* Alerts Lead Brewer when inventory levels are low
* Monitors and records batch performance
* Completes required paperwork accurately and in a timely manner
* Follows safety procedures and wears PPE
* Performs other duties as assigned
* Performs beer filtration through DE filter and/or centrifuge
Specific Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Understanding of fermentation science and the elements of brewing
* Understanding of brewing practices
* Ability to install, maintain and modify most mechanical components of the brewhouse, fermentation, conditioning and filtration systems
* Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems related to product and/or equipment
* Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
* Ability to work well under pressure
* Ability to work first, second or third shifts, as needed
* Ability to stand for long periods of time and do physically demanding work is required.
* Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. is required.
* Willingness to work on and around potentially dangerous equipment/machinery is required.
* Willingness to work in an environment with high noise levels is required.
* Willingness to occasionally work events on weekends
Please email Cody Morris: firstname.lastname@example.org a resume and cover letter. Professional brewery experience required.
The Mission Brewery Tour Guide provides a fun, educational experience to visitors of the Tasting Room. You will be the face of Mission while walking visitors through beer tastings, telling stories, and giving informative facility tours.
Qualified candidates must be outgoing/High energy, enjoys public interaction, have excellent communication and people skills, have the ability to “control” crowds and any unforeseen situations, and be punctual & reliable.
Majority of the shift is spent standing and walking; May require carrying, bending, stretching, stooping, pulling and pushing; Work environment is primarily indoors and may involve noise and temperature changes.
Must be at least 21 years of age, available to work weekends and off hours as needed, have a passion for Mission and the craft beer business, and a strong level of knowledge of beer and the brewing process.
Please send resumes to email@example.com.