Chief Operating Officer
The primary function of this position is to provide overall leadership, guidance, and direction of daily operational activities. The Chief Operating Officer will take a lead role along with the rest of the executive team in developing long-term and short-term strategies, goals, policies/procedures, program/service evaluation, and must drive the facility’s capacity to maximize overall impact in support of the organizational mission.
Strategy and Vision
· Advise the president and other key members of senior management on financial planning, budgeting, cash flow, investment priorities, and policy matters.
· Serve as the management liaison to the board and audit committee; effectively communicate and present critical financial matters at select board of directors and committee meetings.
· Maintain continuous lines of communication, keeping the president informed of all critical issues.
· Represent the organization externally, as necessary, particularly in banking and lease negotiations.
· Demonstrate positive and meaningful engagement with all clients and other stakeholders.
· Consult with the President on policy changes and matters concerning significant changes in strategic direction or operating plans, potential legal exposure, and material changes in the organization's financial plans or position.
· Responsible for all activities when President is absent.
· Work closely with the President to develop and accomplish goals and strategic plans established by business plan.
· Spearhead the development, communication and implementation of effective growth strategies and processes.
· Participates in the development and preparation of short-term and long-range plans and budgets based upon broad organization goals and objectives. Recommends their adoption to the President.
· Oversee, direct, and organize the work of the finance and operations teams.
· Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality.
· Ensure staff members receive timely and appropriate training and development.
· Establish and monitor staff performance and development goals, assign accountabilities, set objectives, establish priorities, conduct annual performance appraisals, and administer salary adjustments.
· Directs the development and installation of procedures and controls, to promote communication and adequate information flow, and thereby solidify management control and direction of the enterprise.
· Mentor and develop staff using a supportive and collaborative approach: assign accountabilities; set objectives; establish priorities; and monitor and evaluate results.
· Effectively work with the Executive Management Team to develop cogent and achievable strategy and provide analysis and support to the team as to whether the strategy is working.
· Develop and assess people relative to having the right people in the right jobs to achieve organizational policies.
· Demonstrate an ability to motivate and energize the organization.
· Develop, guide and encourage a culture that reinforces the organizations’ mission and values.
· Support the executive management team in creating and implementing a shared vision for the organization and establishing an environment that facilitates and motivates employees in working toward achievement of organizational goals.
· Establish compensation, training, short and long-term goals for the operations groups.
· Develop and maintain a pipeline/stream of the right people for succession and supporting goals and strategies.
· Motivate and lead a high performance management team; Mentor direct reports to cultivate skills and to increase consciousness of the interrelationship between each department in the operations groups.
· Develops and establishes operating policies consistent with the President’s broad policies and objectives and insures their adequate execution. Appraises and evaluates the results of overall operations regularly and systematically, and reports these results to the President
· Upgrade and implement an appropriate system of policies, internal controls, accounting standards, and procedures.
· Assure and demonstrate that financials, asset utilization, quality and client satisfaction are headed in the right direction.
· Plan, coordinate, and execute the annual budget process.
· Ensuring that the organizations’ programs/services are in compliance with all federal, state, funding, and city regulations, certifications, and licensing requirements.
· Collaborate with the management team to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel designed to accommodate the rapid growth objectives of our organization.
· Responsible for the measurement and effectiveness of all processes internal and external; Provides timely, accurate and complete reports on the operating condition of the Company.
· Establish key performance indicators for management of the operations group.
· Responsible for capital planning and expenditures.
· Gather and analyze customer tends to assist in developing corporate strategy.
· Represent Mission Brewery at various community activities; Meet and network regularly with business leaders in the community.
· Directs internal operations to achieve budgeted results and other financial criteria, and to preserve the capital funds invested in the enterprise.
· Develops and maintains a sound plan of organization. Establishes policies to insure adequate management development and to provide for capable management succession for those functions/business units falling under his/her responsibility.
· Oversee the implementation of business plans, strategies, budgets and forecasts.
· Provide the leadership, management and vision necessary to ensure that the organization has the proper operational controls, administrative/reporting procedures, and people / systems in place to effectively grow the organization and to ensure financial strength and operating efficiency.
· Insures that all activities and operations are performed in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations and laws governing business operations
· Remain knowledgeable of market and industry trends, competitors, and all aspects of Mission Brewery’s market.
· Business or Accounting degree mandatory, a master’s in business administration is preferred
· CPA preferred
· Minimum 10 years experience in the Manufacturing Industry.
· Minimum 5 years in a senior management role ideally COO role.
· Proven track record of success facilitating progressive organizational change and development within a growing organization
· Excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills including negotiation and conflict resolution skills
· Strong mentoring, coaching experience to a team with diverse levels of expertise
· Entrepreneurial team player who can multitask
· Superior management skills; ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports and peers
· Self-reliant, good problem solver, results oriented
· Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive; a team leader who can positively and productively impact both strategic and tactical finance and administration initiatives.
· Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with senior management, investors, and staff
· Ability to operate as an effective tactical as well as strategic thinker
· Strong sales and marketing skills/network an absolute plus.
· Passion for craft beer
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for this position. No walk-ins please.